FoodShare is seeking a part-time Administration and Volunteer Coordinator to support its services to the community.
Administration and Volunteer Coordinator
- Work with City of Wodonga’s 2020 Volunteer Team of the Year
- Opportunity to contribute your excellent administration skills to support the community
- 20 hours per week on a fixed-term contract until 30 June 2021
Albury Wodonga Regional FoodShare (FoodShare) increases access to quality nutritious food for people in ﬁnancial stress or need by rescuing and redistributing it through partner organisations and agencies located close to the need across North East Victoria and Southern NSW.
Currently 800,000 kilograms of food is collected each year by FoodShare from over 65 suppliers. This equates to 1.55 million meals per year which is distributed to 24,000 people in the community experiencing financial hardship through 225 regional agencies, educational institutions and community groups. FoodShare’s catchment area operates within a 150km radius of Albury-Wodonga.
To support its services to the community, FoodShare is seeking a part-time Administration and Volunteer Coordinator to provide administrative support, maintain effective relationships with FoodShare’s network of stakeholders as well as coordinate and support FoodShare’s team of volunteers.
- Provide administrative support to AWRFS by working in partnership with the AWRFS Manager and staff with tasks including but not limited to maintaining databases, providing accurate and timely reports of AWRFS activities and responding to correspondence.
- Coordinate the AWRFS team of 100+ volunteers though recruitment, rostering, training and provision of service delivery to support AWRFS operations.
- Assist the AWRFS Manager with tasks as required to ensure quality nutritious food is available and distributed to partners across the region to reach those in the community experiencing financial hardship.
- Contribute to the maintenance of effective relationships with AWRFS stakeholders including suppliers, agencies and schools.
- Support the management of AWRFS programs and projects in line with the strategic and operational plan.
- Maintain organised and efficient records of all activities, communication and contacts.
- Attend and participate in necessary meetings and maintain up to date awareness of AWRFS activities.
- Utilise appropriate technology including Microsoft Office and CMS applications.
- High level experience in providing administrative support services including maintaining organised and efficient records.
- Experienced in volunteer recruitment and management.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with a network of stakeholders.
- Background in managing programs and projects in line with strategic and operational plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and exceptional organisational skills.
- Good working knowledge of charitable organisations and working with volunteers.
- Proficiency in commonly used software such as MS Word and Excel and CMS applications.
- Certificate IV in Business Administration or relevant work experience.
The Administration and Volunteer Coordinator will be employed for 20 hours per week on a fixed-term contract until 30 June 2021.
Download the Position Description.
For more information contact FoodShare Manager Peter Matthews on 02 6059 5555.