FoodShare is seeking a full-time Assistant Manager to work in partnership with the General Manager.
Albury Wodonga Regional FoodShare (FoodShare) increases access to quality nutritious food for people in ﬁnancial stress or need by rescuing and redistributing it through partner organisations and agencies located close to the need across North East Victoria and Southern NSW.
Currently one million kilograms of food is collected by FoodShare each year from over 70 suppliers. This equates to 1.55 million meals per year which is distributed to 24,000 people in the community experiencing financial hardship through 225 regional agencies, educational institutions and community groups. FoodShare’s catchment area operates within a 150km radius of Albury- Wodonga.
In response to the 2020 summer bushfires and coronavirus pandemic, FoodShare increased the volume of food available as well as expanded its services through a new Community Pantry initiative to provide food directly to members of the community requiring emergency food relief.
To support the increased demand for services, FoodShare is seeking a full-time Assistant Manager to work in partnership with the General Manager to lead FoodShare as well as project manage the implementation and ongoing management of a new social enterprise model. This includes the establishment of a shop and logistics associated to directly support those in the community experiencing financial hardship so that they have access to quality nutritious food and daily necessities through the Community Pantry Shop.
- Work in partnership with the General Manager to lead FoodShare.
- Ensure FoodShare is directly reaching those in the community experiencing financial hardship.
- Integrate to the implementation and ongoing management of a new social enterprise model.
- Work with FoodShare’s locally renowned team of volunteers.
- Project based full time role, 37.5 hours per week until 30 June 2022 with the real possibility of an extension and advancement.
For more information contact FoodShare's General Manager Peter Matthews on 02 6059 5555.