Peter has been an integral part of the establishment of Albury Wodonga Regional FoodShare.
Peter’s consulting business was contracted to write our business plan in 2011, and as the saying goes; “he liked it so much he bought the company”. Well, not quite… he loved the project so much he volunteered his time to help lead the charge and ensure we got off the ground and into action.
We very quickly snapped him up as our manager the minute we secured funds. Why? Well….
Peter has worked in the food industry for over 40 years. He started as a management trainee at Safeway Supermarket. He soon became the manager and then worked in their head office on store design and sales.
Peter then worked for 11 years at a senior level with 7-Eleven and Caltex National Trade Promotions Manager and Ampol as their Merchandise Manager.
Later, Peter successfully ran an independent group of 4 supermarkets and enjoyed growing their success.
This invaluable experience enabled Peter to successfully establish his consulting business, “Coalface Consulting” in 2000. Since that time Peter has worked for numerous food producers, manufacturers and retailers on such projects as data improvement, customer service strategies, distribution strategies, and product strategies.
He is good with numbers too, with a Diploma of Commerce (Accounting) from Swinburne University.
Peter has an enormous depth of knowledge about the food industry, logistics, systems, and strategy. And he is a super friendly kind of guy that is committed to doing good in our community.
We are so lucky to have him on board with us.
- Work with City of Wodonga’s 2020 Volunteer Team of the Year
- Opportunity to contribute your excellent administration skills to support the community
- 20 hours per week on a fixed-term contract until 30 June 2021
Albury Wodonga Regional FoodShare (FoodShare) increases access to quality nutritious food for people in financial stress or need by rescuing and redistributing it through partner organisations and agencies located close to the need across North East Victoria and Southern NSW.
Currently 800,000 kilograms of food is collected each year by FoodShare from over 65 suppliers. This equates to 1.55 million meals per year which is distributed to 24,000 people in the community experiencing financial hardship through 225 regional agencies, educational institutions and community groups. FoodShare’s catchment area operates within a 150km radius of Albury-Wodonga.
To support its services to the community, FoodShare is seeking a part-time Administration and Volunteer Coordinator to provide administrative support, maintain effective relationships with FoodShare’s network of stakeholders as well as coordinate and support FoodShare’s team of volunteers.
- Provide administrative support to AWRFS by working in partnership with the AWRFS Manager and staff with tasks including but not limited to maintaining databases, providing accurate and timely reports of AWRFS activities and responding to correspondence.
- Coordinate the AWRFS team of 100+ volunteers though recruitment, rostering, training and provision of service delivery to support AWRFS operations.
- Assist the AWRFS Manager with tasks as required to ensure quality nutritious food is available and distributed to partners across the region to reach those in the community experiencing financial hardship.
- Contribute to the maintenance of effective relationships with AWRFS stakeholders including suppliers, agencies and schools.
- Support the management of AWRFS programs and projects in line with the strategic and operational plan.
- Maintain organised and efficient records of all activities, communication and contacts.
- Attend and participate in necessary meetings and maintain up to date awareness of AWRFS activities.
- Utilise appropriate technology including Microsoft Office and CMS applications.
- High level experience in providing administrative support services including maintaining organised and efficient records.
- Experienced in volunteer recruitment and management.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with a network of stakeholders.
- Background in managing programs and projects in line with strategic and operational plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and exceptional organisational skills.
- Good working knowledge of charitable organisations and working with volunteers.
- Proficiency in commonly used software such as MS Word and Excel and CMS applications.
- Certificate IV in Business Administration or relevant work experience.
- National Police Records Check
- Current drivers license
- NSW and VIC Working with Children Check
The Administration and Volunteer Coordinator will be employed for 20 hours per week on a fixed-term contract until 30 June 2021.
To apply for this position email your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 7 August 2020.
For more information contact FoodShare Manager Peter Matthews on 02 6059 5555.
Katrina Pawley, our Fundraising Coordinator, joined us in August 2018 for 10 hours per week.
Katrina has experience in managing sponsorship programs and initiating fundraising activates. She also has a background in marketing and communications strategies and identifying opportunities for business growth.
Katrina would love to hear from you if you are able to assist in any of these areas. She
can be contacted on email@example.com.