We are primarily a volunteer run operation, and we are so lucky to have a great team of volunteers from all walks of life donating their valuable time.
Our volunteers include:
- People from the general community such as parents, young people, working people, and retired people.
- People with mental illness and disabilities, those in poverty and the unemployed.
- People from workplaces.
- Students – Secondary School students and VCAL students volunteer weekly as part of their community studies. University students volunteer during their holidays.
- From the Justice system.
Volunteers at AWRFS help out at every level; from driving our van for picks ups and delivery to sorting food from big pallets into smaller, more useful portions, to helping us with the administrative side of our operation. Keys roles include:
- Van drivers – collecting and distributing
- Floor staff – packing, sorting, stock control, customer service
- Volunteer coordinator
- Data management
- Policy and procedure development
- Customer relationship management including sourcing new food donors and new agencies to supply
- Growing our Healthy Eating and Pop-up Gardens programs.
- People to work in planning and implementing our fundraising and awareness-raising events.
- Grant writing
- Donation strategy implementation
- Media releases
- Website management
- Social media coordination
All our volunteers are given an induction and are provided with Occupational Health and Safety training.
If you are interested in helping out with any of these roles please contact us. We’d love to hear from you!